The affects of Healthcare Reform on individuals in South Carolina continue as Carolina Care Plan leaves the marketplace…
Medical Mutual of Ohio, the parent company of Carolina Care Plan, has decided to cease doing business in the state of South Carolina. Effective January 1st, 2014, all Carolina Care Plan coverages will terminate. In response, Sandhills Insurance Group has taken action on behalf of our customers, and those impacted in our community.
For Individual Plan holders currently covered by Carolina Care Plan
Sandhills Insurance Group has reached out to both United Healthcare and BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina on behalf of our individual clients covered by Carolina Care Plan to ascertain how each carrier will accommodate members of Carolina Care Plan who wish to enroll in their coverage:
- BlueCross BlueShield is offering limited underwriting enrollment for 9/1/2013 effective date. If your health has not changed in the last two months, BlueCross BlueShield will offer standard rates (or tobacco rates where applicable) to individual clients of Sandhills Insurance Group currently covered by Carolina Care Plan.
- United HealthOne (Golden Rule Insurance) is offering full underwriting to current Carolina Care Plan individual policy holders prior to January 1st, 2014.
- Per the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”), effective January 1st, 2014, all individual health applicants can be covered, guaranteed-to-issue by both BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and United Healthcare.
For Employer Group Plan holders currently covered by Carolina Care Plan.
- United Healthcare is offering no underwriting, early renewal coverage for a 10/1/2013 effective date. United Healthcare offers and options have been mailed to all group health plan policy holders and Sandhills is reaching out to those affected.
- BlueCross BlueShield is offering limited underwriting new business enrollment effective 9/1/2013.
We are now meeting with individuals and groups affected by theses and other changes brought on by the new healthcare law. If you are an individual or a group plan holder with Carolina Care Plan, please contact us. We look forward to helping you and servicing you in every way possible making sure your coverage, access to quality care, and the service you are accustomed to with Sandhills Insurance Group, continues.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at (843) 251-4896 or email@example.com.
Thank you for allowing us to work for you,