BlueChoice HealthPlan is committed to “go green” in 2014 by offering paperless EOBs.
Whenever a claim is processed, an EOB that explains how it is paid is sent to the member. Each EOB is three to six pages long. By the end of 2013, BlueChoice® had processed approximately 1.6 million claims. That means a lot of paper and trees!”
How to Go Green with BlueChoice
Starting in March, members who have email addresses on file with BlueChoice Health Plan will now receive an email notification when a new EOB is available on www.BlueChoiceSC.com. They can log into their My Health Toolkit® accounts to securely view, download and print their EOBs 24/7 at their convenience. Later this week, BlueChoice® will send out a letter to members notifying them of this change.
Members who don’t have email addresses on file can go green by choosing to receive EOBs electronically. The process to receive paperless EOBs is simple:
- Visit the BlueChoice website, www.BlueChoiceSC.com.
- Access My Health Toolkit and create a profile.
- After providing all necessary information to create a profile, choose an EOB delivery method.
- Select “online” and provide a valid email address.
- Any time a member receives health care services, an email notice tells him or her that a new EOB in My Health Toolkit is ready to view, download or print. It’s just that easy.
Paperless EOBs are just one of the many ways BlueChoice Health Plan is working to reduce the impact of its business on the environment.
If you have any questions about this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.