If you rent a home more than two weeks per year, standard homeowners insurance may not cover liabilities and damages arising from activities related to renting the property.
Concerns with standard homeowners insurance include:
- Minimum lease is typically 30 days to as much as 6 months.
- Some policies specifically exclude tenant liability.
- Some carriers would cancel coverage upon learning a home was part of a rental management program.
- Claims payouts could be limited or denied all together.
THE SHELTERN SOLUTION:
- Tailor-designed specifically for owners of managed executive accommodations;
- Underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s of London;
- Full homeowners insurance solution providing year round cover for:
|Personal Property of Unit Owner||Loss of Income arising from order of Civil Authority|
|Landscaping & Repairs||Legal liability including bodily injury and property damage|
|Weather caused damages|
- Coverage Feature Detail:
- All-Risks property insurance for direct physical loss to the residence premises including permanently installed or attached fixtures and certain other structures;
- Insurance against loss from flood, earthquake, vandalism, wind , hail, fire or lightning;
- Cover for personal property of unit owner;
- Property coverage extensions and enhancements for debris removal, reasonable repairs, trees, shrubs and other plants;
- Cover for loss of income arising directly out of covered peril or as a result of declaration of civil authority;
- Legal liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the residence premises including necessary medical and legal defense expense;
- Liability coverage extensions and enhancements for first aid expenses and damage to property of others caused by unit owner.
For more information or to enroll…
For questions or to request to speak with an agent, call (843) 508-8215